Hypermunes Product Information
Information on Grifols Hypermunes Reimbursement Process
The information contained on this website is provided for informational purposes only. Providers are encouraged to contact their payers for specific information. Coding rules and guidelines are subject to payer discretion and should always be verified by the paying entity. Healthcare providers make the ultimate determination as to when to use a specific product, based on clinical appropriateness for a particular patient. This website is not intended to provide specific guidance on how to utilize, code, bill, or charge for any product or service. Third-party payment for medical products and services is affected by numerous factors and Grifols cannot guarantee success in obtaining insurance payments.
Coding for Grifols Hypermunes
When submitting claims to third-party payers, providers should accurately code the product and procedure.
- Product Billing Code—Each of the Hypermunes has its own unique Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) code or Current Procedural Terminology® (CPT)* code, as shown below
- Injection Procedure—In addition to the code that identifies the agent, the injection procedure has a CPT code. The administration CPT code is 96372—Therapeutic, prophylactic, or diagnostic injection (specify substance or drug); subcutaneous or intramuscular
Hypermunes Code + Injection Procedure Code = Complete Reimbursement
HyperRAB® S/D (rabies immune globulin [human])
HyperTET® S/D (tetanus immune globulin [human])
HyperRHO® S/D (Rho[D] immune globulin [human])
HyperHEP B® S/D (hepatitis B immune globulin [human])
GamaSTAN® S/D (immune globulin [human])
Product NDC# and Descriptions
The Hypermunes Line of Products Is Available on the Following Group Purchasing Organizations (GPOs) Contracts:
- Novation, LLC
- MedAssets Supply Chain Systems, LLC
- Premier Purchasing Partners, L.P.
- Managed Health Care Associates, Inc.
- ROI (Resource Optimization & Innovation)